Sunday 10 May 2009

Desalle shines in Portugal

Photo: CDS


Weekend after weekend Clément Desalle confirms himself as one of the future stars of the World MX1 class. After a first podium during the Italian GP in Faenza, the 19-year old LS Motors-Honda rider clinched his second podium today in Agueda. Two third places meant that Desalle found himself on the third step of the podium behind De Dycker and Cairoli. During Saturday’s qualification race « Le Panda » showed his speed by leading during most of the race. Finally he would cross the finish line in third behind Coppins and De Dycker.


In the World MX1 standings the CRF450 R mounted rider moved from 9th into 7th position. Desalle now closes in on reigning World champ Philippaerts who is in sixth and has 8 points more than him.


Clémént Desalle: "I am pretty pleased with this GP. (smiles) It’s always nice to be on the podium of course! The whole weekend went as I’d wanted. Before this GP my plan was to focus on my starts and putting in some consistent laps. That went well. In the first heat I worked my way up after a decent start. A few laps later I was in third and able to control. In the second heat I had an excellent start and was leading early on. I noticed that there was a problem with my throttle because it seemed to be reacting somewhat strange. So, I decided to play it safe. All in all, I had another decent race and finished third again. It would be nice if I could battle for a heat win and, why not a GP win. These are definitely my next goals."


You can relive the action here: http://freecaster.tv/mx/1007927/mx-gp-of-portugal-09-mx1-race-2-replay?page=11