Thursday 7 May 2009

De winter and Fiolek are ready to rock!


Photo: CDS

LS Motors-Honda’s hard charging ladies Ashley Fiolek and Elien Dewinter fly to Portugal for the second round of the FIM WMX series this weekend. Agueda is new to the WMX calendar, but the various elevation changes, remarkable red dirt and cool layout should provide the fastest female riders in the world with a great playground. Belgium’s Elien Dewinter braved the pain in Bulgaria where she came back from a severe back and pelvis injury, but she is keen to test her improving pace in Portugal. Ashley Fiolek on the other hand enjoyed a great start to her season seizing another podium in Sevlievo. The 18-year old from Florida is known to give the established riders a run for their money and ‘KickAsh’ should be helped again by her great starts!

Ashley Fiolek: 'I am not sure what to expect in Portugal... (smiles) I heard the food is pretty good! I think I am more ready now, because for the race in Bulgaria, I hadn't raced in a long time and it was just nice to get back to it racing. Guess we will all just have to wait and see... The track looks pretty sick. It looks like several of the tracks that are in the US in Georgia which is not that far from my house. I am pretty excited, to ride on it should be a blast!'