Sunday 7 June 2009

Solid result for Elien De Winter in France

Photo: CDS


Elien De Winter qualified in seventh on Saturday, showing some decent speed. However, she couldn’t reproduce that same pace during the races. The winter ended the heats in tenth and ninth which meant ninth overall. In the World championship standings Elien jumped from ninth to eight . The French GP was won by home favourite Livia Lancelot who took both heats. German rider Stefi Laier ended up second in front of another German rider Lasissa Papenmeier. In two weeks De Winter takes part in the fifth GP of the season in Teutschenthal (Germany).


Elien De Winter: “In the first heat I took a reasonable start, taking the first turn in sixth. But in the first lap I was already losing some places. Unbelievable really. During practice everything went smooth, but during the race things just didn’t pan out. That’s how I ended up tenth on Saturday. Today (Sunday) I had a good start. I hung in fourth when, just before, the first jump, I tangled with another rider. Luckily, I kept the bike upright. Besides that I had to give in during the last three laps, until then I had been in seventh.”