Sunday 14 June 2009

Clément claims second in muddy Kester

Photo: CDS


In spite of its splendid natural surroundings the Kester track -close to Brussels- has rarely been blessed with good weather conditions. The 2009 edition was no exception for this former GP track. True to form LS Motors-Honda’s Clément Desalle wasn’t complaining and aimed for his first ever win in Kester. Over 6.000 race fans saw how ‘MX Panda’ animated the races together with Ken De Dycker, although it was the latter who won the overall. Clément won the opener and took two seconds. The CRF 450 mounted Belgian is now second on 127 points, trailing De Dycker by 13 points. New Zeland’s Josh Coppins was third, Tanel Leok fourth.


Dennis ‘Crusty’ Verbruggen (eighth in qualifying) only marked points in the last heat with a tenth place finish. However Verbruggen showed more than decent speed, and he’s currently the second MX2 mounted rider in the series behind Joël Roelants. LS Motors-Honda’s support rider Dennis Dierckx best result in Kester was tenth in heat 1. The third race of the championship takes place on July 19 in Nismes.


Clément Desalle: ”All in all I did all right, but I couldn’t be satisfied with my last heat where I made too many mistakes and crashed twice. In the end the gap with De Dycker was too big and I had to settle for second. A pity really, because I felt I was fast enough today to beat Ken. It seems that the championship will be between me and Ken so that’s going to be interesting. I’m really looking forward to the next race in Nismes, where I won last year.”