Monday 17 August 2009

Clément wins the Keiheuvel, Dennis out!

Photo: CDS

LS Motors-Honda rider Clément Desalle was again in a league of his own on Saturday, during the fourth round of the Belgian motocross championship in Balen. The classic, demanding Keiheuvel event provided all the ingredients that have build his reputation: a demanding and technical sand track, a near 10.000 strong crowd, an incredible star-filled lineup and great weather!
Clément won the first two heats and had to settle for fourth in the final moto after crashing out of the lead. It was also the first time ever a french speaking Belgian has won the main event in the long history of the 'Keiheuvel'! To add the icing on the cake our 'MX panda' -as expected- will defend the national colours at the MX of Nations in Franciacorta.

Just days ahead of the event Dennis Verbruggen went down in practice and injured his arm. LS motors-Honda's MX2 contender hopes to be back for Lierop...

Clément Desalle: ”It was a bit of a shame to crash in the last heat, otherwise it would have been a perfect three out of three just like in Nismes. I felt good, but I knew right away that the Keiheuvel would suit me. Things turned out in my favour in the title race as well. I’m now leading with six points more than De Dycker. Besides that I have my mind set on the last two rounds of the Belgian championship in Wallonia as well. I really want to win there!”